Effective: 1 December 2020
We expect you to adhere to the following rules whenever you use our service.
- Abuse: We have zero tolerance for abusive behaviour. You agree not to harass, threaten, or defame any person or entity. You agree not to contact any person who has requested no further contact from you. You may not use BoardPro in any manner that may harm minors or that interacts with or targets people under the age of thirteen.
- Privacy: You agree not violate the privacy rights of any person. You agree not to cooperate in or facilitate identity theft. You agree not to collect or disclose any personal addresses, username or password, or other personally identifiable information without each individual’s permission. You are solely responsible for compliance with all applicable data privacy and data protection laws in connection with your use of our service.
- Intellectual Property: We take intellectual property rights very seriously, and we expect you to do the same. You agree not to store or transmit any data that may infringe on any copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity in connection with your use of our service. You agree not reproduce, publish, or disseminate software, audio recordings, video recordings, photographs, articles, or other works of authorship without the written permission of the copyright holder.
- Hacking, Viruses, and Network Attacks: You agree not to access any computer or communications system without authorization, including the computers or related systems or networks used to provide our service. You agree that you will not attempt to defeat, avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, or otherwise circumvent any software protection or monitoring mechanisms of BoardPro.
You agree not to intentionally upload to, or transmit from BoardPro any data, file, software, or link that contains or redirects to a computer virus, launch a denial of service attack, or in any other way attempt to interfere with the functioning of any hardware of BoardPro or any third party. You agree not to attempt to access or otherwise interfere with the accounts of other users of our service.
You agree not to access, search, or create accounts for BoardPro by any means other than our publicly supported interfaces (for example, “scraping” or creating accounts in bulk).
- Spam: You agree to not place any advertisements within a BoardPro client or to send bulk unsolicited emails (also known as “spam”) or sell or market any product or service advertised by or connected with spam. You agree not to facilitate or cooperate in the dissemination of spam in any way. You agree not to violate the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003.
You agree not to use contact or other user information obtained from BoardPro (including email addresses) to contact Authorised Users outside of BoardPro without their express permission or authority or to create or distribute mailing lists or other collections of contact or user profile information for Authorised Users for use outside of BoardPro.
You agree not to authorise, permit, enable, induce or encourage any third party to do any of the above.
- Fraud: You agree not to share, transfer or otherwise provide access to an account designated for you to another person. You agree not to issue fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, services, or investments. You agree not to mislead anyone about the details or nature of a commercial transaction. You agree not to commit fraud in any other way.
- Violations of Law: You agree not to violate any laws or regulations applicable to our service or your use of our service, including, not to use BoardPro to provide material support or resources (or to conceal or disguise the nature, location, source, or ownership of material support or resources) to any organisation(s) designated by the New Zealand government as a foreign terrorist organisation or other laws and regulations concerning national security, defence or terrorism;
- Other: Our list of rules is not exhaustive. Please know that we expect all of our customers and users to adhere to commonly accepted practices in the Internet community and to exercise good judgment when using our service.
What are the consequences for breaking the rules?
Violation may lead to suspension or termination of your account or other legal action. Please note that you may also be required to pay for the costs of investigation and remedial action. We reserve the right to take any remedial action we deem appropriate in connection with a suspected violation.
If you become aware of or reasonably suspect a violation of our Acceptable Use Policy has taken place, we ask that you notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Please provide as much detail around the suspected violation as possible, such as the date and time of the violation and any known identifying information regarding the suspected violator.
Please contact us if you have any questions about this policy. You may contact us at email@example.com or at our mailing address below:
101 Pakenham St West
Wynyard Quarter, Auckland 1010